Thursday, March 3, 2011

How Long Will It Take For Senna To Work?

Seagate expansion ST905004EXD101-RK 500GB External Hard Drive

updates in the past PARA

I have a few things to make it clear that other contributions had problems with, and gave it a low rating.

For starters: I for both Mac and PC, I can say 1000%, it works on both operating systems.

Some customers have had problems with the drive goes into sleep mode after 10 minutes or so. Well, do not stop the copy process, only because the drive in sleep mode is.

You can disable this feature from SLEEP:

Process 1: Download a Free Seagate Manager program on the Seagate website.
(I did not, I'm process 2 described below)

OR

process 2: Format the hard drive and remove the preinstalled software from Seagate. Then, the drive will not go into hibernation.

To format a drive in Windows:
Plug the Drive -> "My Computer" -> right click on the icon click Seagate -> Click on Format

How to mount a drive on Mac 10.4 or earlier formats:
Open Macintosh HD -> Click Applications -> Click Utilities -> Open "Disk Utility" -> Select list the Seagate hard drive on the left -> Click "Erase" tab -> Select the "Volume Format to" MS-DOS. "(I have the way that I use it on Windows and Mac)

(For the newer Mac 10.6.1 or later, I guess is Format: Mac OS Extended ( Journaled) ", as right out that I learned a customer pointed IB ... thanks buddy)

Design:. Compact & Smooth Slightly larger than the iPhone, but lighter than the iPhone (8GB)

connection: NO A / C outlet needed. Only single USB port is required if everything in the box. So you just take it out and plug it in and use.

Compatibility: Both PC & Mac. Although the packaging is "for PC", it was recognized by my Mac and will work with both.

size: 500GB Although it says we get 465.35GB. And this is the case with most hard drives.

Speed: Forget about the specifics - it's fast!

Well worth the money, right!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ UPDATE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Many customers have asked me why not use the format for your Mac?

The reason, I have a Mac version 10.4.1 and I clarified that in the review.I think there are a few changes for 10.6.1 and I added that too. If your Mac OS does not fit the description, the best way to start is to figure out OS version of MAC and then search online, how to format it or bring it to an Apple Store.

Basically, the steps on how to format remain the same. But perhaps some different format volumes found on your OS version. Volume format keep changing as new operating systems (OS) grow.

When I bought this drive, there was not a single post about the Mac compatibility spoken, let alone the other issues. But I took the risk and bought it for $ 100 or so.

Also, if you compare other reviews vs mine. My review does not talk about how many songs I have on my hard drive that gifted me how my life with the new drive as my office people like it as it fits in my pocket, although it changes a pair of pants from has, in my high school.

No offense, they are good individually. What I mean is .... a review Reply via Plug n Play .... more about low weight (say by how much they didn't) ... another question ... But no one complained SLEEP answered Mac-compatible, format, language, weight etc

My contribution is answered everything that can happen with this drive. (Except that "What happens when it breaks"

0 comments:

Post a Comment